5. Stir fried jumbo prawns with bok choy
250 g fresh jumbo prawns
1 tablespoon cooking sherry
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon gingerroot
1 cup chicken broth (sodium reduced)
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce (sodium reduced)250 g of bok choy, chopped into 1-inch pieces.
250 g of bok choy, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 cup of mushrooms fresh or dried shitake mushrooms
¼ tablespoon of ground black pepper
- Apply prawns with cooking sherry in a bowl, add 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Heat canola oil in a large sauce pan. Apply ginger and fry for almost 1 minute. Pour prawns and stir till pink. Then remove from pan.
- Mix sugar, chicken broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a bowl.
- To the pan, add more canola oil, bok choy and mushrooms and stir for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth to the mixture and serve it when hot.