Start your day off right with a solid meal full of protein and healthy fats! This egg salad recipe is a super quick, easy go-to breakfast option when you’re either running low on Paleo morning meal ideas or have been procrastinating picking up groceries for the week.
Feel free to make the eggs in this recipe any way you like them, but over easy eggs work particularly well. Consequently, the runny yolks mixed with the oils and seasoning on top of your greens creates an almost accidental salad dressing.
The best part is you can complete this recipe from start to finish in less than 15 minutes. Maybe even less than ten if you’re that good!
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 2 cups organic arugula
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 bunch dill weed
- 1 rib celery, sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Coconut oil, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Dried oregano, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Firstly, melt your butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Crack your eggs into the skillet and immediately place a lid over the pan after that.
- Now you can make your salad while cooking your eggs to your own personal preference.
- To begin with, grab a bowl and add spinach, arugula, onion, avocado, dill, and celery.
- Secondly, chop the ends off the cucumbers . Cut in half from tip to bottom then slice and add to the bowl.
- After that, add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt, and oregano.
- Toss it all together and ensure everything gets mixed up nicely.
- Finally, plate the salad and top each plate with eggs, a pinch of black pepper, and serve.
Featured Image Source: buzzfeed.com
Sourced from: paleoporn.net