These keto-approved chocolatey treats are the perfect way to be healthy conscious while cooling yourself down on a hot summer’s day. Before you glance down at the ingredients and freak out or become incredibly confused – yes, these popsicles contain avocado!
Firstly, avocado is a keto diet staple that, believe it or not, works oddly well when used in desserts. Most noteworthy, especially so when in combination with chocolate. Even if you’re not an avid avocado lover, you won’t even notice they’re there! They have a neutral taste that the rest of the ingredients hide well. Make your first batch today and start reaping the many nutritional and health benefits avocados have to offer!
- 2 medium or 3 small ripe avocados
- 2 cups coconut milk, BPA-free or heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Erythritol (non-GMO) or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list (80 g / 2.8 oz)
- 15-20 drops liquid Stevia extract (clear or chocolate)
- To begin with, cut your avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Secondly, scoop the insides of the avocados out and put into a blender. After that add coconut milk, cocoa powder, and Erythritol and blend into it.
- Add the cinnamon and stevia into the blender then pulse for five minutes or until the mixture is smooth and you cannot see avocado pieces.
- Fill popsicle molds with the mixture after that and add sticks.
- Finally, freeze for 3-4 hours, or until the popsicles are fully frozen.
Featured Image Source: mastercook.com
Sourced from: hketodietapp.comPosted on October 20, 2016