These breakfast patties are not only easily made from home but are totally delicious! Maybe feel free to skimp on the red cayenne peppers and crushed red pepper flakes if you’re looking for a more mild flavor to start your day. Although, if it’s spice you crave when waking up your body in the morning, by all means, follow the recipe or perhaps even add a little more! These homemade patties can be served alone or paired with another of your favorite breakfast food staples such as eggs, hash browns, greens, or a side of fruit. As a result of this recipe you also get yourself a healthy paleo breakfast choice!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 1lb organic ground pork, chicken, or turkey
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ⅛ tsp red cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 tbsp ghee (or coconut oil), for frying
- Firstly take a large mixing bowl and combine your meat selection with all the seasoning and spices.
- Secondly, use your hands to knead the seasoning and spices into the pork, chicken, or turkey thoroughly.
- Then shape six patties with your hands, just like you would making homemade hamburgers, and try to keep them about ½ an inch thick.
- Next, place a large pan over medium heat and add in the ghee after that.
- Once it’s hot, toss in the patties and fry on each side for two or three minutes or until golden brown. Consequently, be sure to cook them well throughout.
- Finally, remove patties from the pan and serve immediately.
Featured image Source: divascancook.com
Sourced from: paleorunningmomma.comPosted on October 20, 2016