The words “no bake Paleo key lime cheesecake” in one sentence almost sounds too good to be true, right? While this recipe might take some extra time and effort to execute, it is more than worth it!
The use of lime seems like it virtually transports you to a sunnier place, while the crust is deceiving – you’ll be surprised just how much protein and fiber of slice has. You’ll probably be going back for a second slice the minute you’re done your first!
- 1 ½ cups almonds
- 10 pitted dates soaked in warm water for ten minutes
- 3 large limes, juiced and zested
- 2 ½ cups cashew nuts, soaked overnight in cold water
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- Firstly, place the almonds and previously soaked dates in a food processor and pulse until combined thoroughly.
- Secondly, grease an 8-inch springform pan and line with parchment paper. Press the almond and date mixture firmly and evenly over the bottom of the cake pan.
- After that, rinse the cashew nuts and drain well then place them in a high power blender or food processor with the rest of ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Lastly, pour the lime filling over the cake base.
- Freeze the cake after that for at least two hours or until firm.
- Finally, remove from the freezer for 10-15 minutes to thaw before serving.
Featured Image Source: biggirlssmallkitchen.com
Sourced from: paleogrubs.comPosted on October 20, 2016