Who doesn’t love a parfait? Thankfully not all parfaits have to be loaded with ice cream, chocolate, and other ingredients that aren’t as good for a healthy lifestyle. Instead, some come in much healthier, paleo options, such as this recipe for a delicious peach parfait! Not only that, but you can easily make it from home!
Prep time: 1 hour 15 min
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 1.5 hours
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 2½ tbsp grass fed gelatin
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 peaches, diced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, slightly crushed
- 1 cup of Paleo granola
- Firstly, sprinkle the grass fed gelatin over about half a cup of the coconut milk. Then set it aside for now.
- Secondly, pour the remaining coconut milk into a saucepan and whisk in the raw honey, vanilla extract, and lime juice.
- Turn the burner to low and add the gelatin mixture to the pan. Gently warm the coconut milk until warm, whisking until the gelatin is combined and lump free.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into a bowl, then cover and refrigerate it for at least an hour to be sure it’s chilled.
- When the yogurt mixture sets, next you add it to a blender and process until smooth.
- Finally, add the blueberries and pulse to combine.
- To begin with, add the peaches, lemon juice, raw honey and basil leaves to a saucepan.
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, until the peaches release their juices and thicken slightly.
- After that, remove from heat and take out the basil leaves.
- Lastly, put the peaches in the refrigerator to chill.
Putting it together:
- For smaller, dessert sized parfaits, divide the yogurt, peach & granola layers between 4 glasses or bowls.
- For larger, breakfast-sized parfaits, divide the yogurt, peach & granola layers between 2 glasses or bowls.
Featured Image Source: plateonline.com
Sourced from: meatified.comPosted on October 20, 2016